Corner Voortrek & Moolman Streets – Swellendam – Cape Overberg – South Africa.
Welcome to beautiful Swellendam, nestled at the foot of the majestic Langeberg Mountains.
Situated in the heart of this tranquil town you can find Reitzhof Cottages, self-catering accommodation.
Within walking distance of the CBD, and close to some of the finest restaurants in the Overberg. you will find everything you are looking for at your fingertips.
The accommodation is situated in a convenient location that is close to amenities and shops. It is reasonably priced and is good value for money. They have good facilities and comfy beds. The staff are hospitable, kind and helpful.
The perception is that Swellendam is a small town with not much to do. However, we found it has activities that cater for a diversity of interests. We found that it was a fascinating journey into the history of our country as well as a fun place for outdoor activities and for indulging in retail therapy and culinary delights.
Swellendam Information in Swellengrebel Street is outstanding and they gave us suggestions for a range of activities suited to our needs as well as offering to make arrangements on our behalf.
-The Drostdy Museum – 1/2 day (3-4 hrs)
– Marloth Nature Reserve – walk to waterfall (1 hour fitness and route dependent)
– Marloth Nature Reserve – walk along the Plaat (approx 4 hours fitness dependent, moderate route)
– Bukkenburg Pottery Studio – 10 mins
– Rain Beauty Products – 20 mins
– Wildebraam Berry Estate – approx 30 mins
Liqueur tasting and jam and preserve tasting
– The Berry Farm – 10 mins (unfortunately no longer berry season)
– NG Kerk visit – 30 mins
– Kunstehuijs Fine Art Gallery – 30 mins
– Die Biltong Boetiek – 5 mins
– Chocolat Etc. Gifts and Chocolate – 40 mins ( 2 visits!!)
– Swellen Mark Shopping Centre – 1 hr
– Annette’s Boutique – 30 mins
– Tradouw Pass and Barrydale – day trip approx 4 – 5 hours
– Field and Fork (must book in advance)
– Koornlands (must book in advance)
– La Belle Alliance
– Coffee Culture
– The Old Gaol
Wishing you a wonderful stay!